Thursday, August 21, 2008

An Evening of Kirtan with Edo Kahn


My friend Mei once travelled two hours from San Diego to Los Angeles just to hear Krishna Das perform Kirtan. Last evening at International Yoga Centre (IYC), fans of Kirtan were treated to a special performance by Edo Kahn of Kahn Brothers, a popular band from Australia. Mei unfortunately had an important meeting on, so she missed the mini concert.

I volunteered to shoot pictures for the event (doing my part for charity). It was quite a challenge as there was insufficient lighting in the studio (all the windows were shut and the lights were not switched on). I had brought along my Canon Speedlite 580EX II flash, but decided it was best to shoot in low light for a softer ambience.

All profits from the concert will go towards the Gift of Life program by the
Beloved Narayani Foundation. Namaste.

No comments: