Friday, August 8, 2008

The Dawn of a New Day


While 08.08.08 is an important day for many – the Beijing Olympics opening and The Straits Times’ new look, today is especially significant for me. It not only marks the birth of my new website limchih.com, it is also the start of a new chapter in my life.

My website has been more than three years in the making. What started as a hobby became a calling while I was on a trip to Bhutan. I discovered that photography gives me a whole new perspective (and purpose) in life. Not only does it connect me to the world, teaching me to better understand and appreciate each country’s unique culture and beliefs, it also ignites my imagination, giving me the freedom to express myself creatively.

Selecting the pictures for my website turned out to be a longer than expected process. I have in my collection more than 200 editorial-worthy images. But I can only fit 88 of these pictures into my website. So it took me many rounds of editing (and a heavy heart) before I finally decided which made the final cut. It’s so hard to say “no” to your babies…

I would like to take this opportunity to thank IdealWorks Design for creating a super slick and sexy website. My designers, David and Gevin, have been working overtime the past week to put the finishing touches (I made their job harder by making many last minute changes… sorry guys). This website would not be possible without their ingenuity and drive.

My sincere thanks also go to Joan of IYC for her generosity and kindness, Mei aka Imelda for her “big sisterly” advice and encouragement, Teow Li for her prayers, Anan of Keys to Bhutan for showing me the true Bhutan, Jasmine of Semco for our longtime collaboration and last but not least, my wonderful family for their love and support. This website is dedicated to my late mother, Adriana Foo Mier Joon.

No comments: