Friday, August 22, 2008

Chamcar Bei – A Visit that Warms the Heart


Since we’re on the subject of goodwill, I thought I’d share some photos (my personal favorites) I took of a school in a rural village near Kep, Cambodia. The school, part of the Hand in Hand Cambodia program, is co-funded by NGOs, Friends of the Rainbow Schools and Bridges Across Borders.

I visited the school with Joan and Mei in January this year. The lovely ladies brought many presents consisting of clothes, stationery, flutes and cash donations from Singapore to give to the needy children and their families. It always warms my heart to see such kindness and compassion. And seeing the kids’ happy faces (and their simple lives) reminds me to count my blessings and be thankful for what I have.

I believe that regardless of race, language and religion, we should help one another to make this world a better place for all. Everyone deserves a chance in life.

P.S. The Hand in Hand Cambodia program is the brainchild of Jef Moons and Boris Vervoordt, the Belgian founders of Knai Bang Chatt, a chic resort in Kep.

No comments: