Saturday, September 27, 2008

Surrender to Serendib Part 1


I’m back! The last 10 days in Sri Lanka was amazing. Even though I had a few misadventures – got a health scare (salivary gland infection which made my face swell up like a moon), cut my knee while getting off a boat and almost got ‘mugged’ by a drunken man, I had a wonderful time there. I took close to 1,000 photos. It’s exhausting, I’m practically with my camera 24/10, despite the hiccups, it was a very rewarding experience.

Over the next few days, I will be showcasing my favourite photos from my newest collection titled “Surrender to Serendib”, right here on my blog. To kick things off, here are some portrait shots taken in Galle and Balapitiya, South West of Sri Lanka. They say “there’s no such thing as a free lunch”, and that adage holds true in Sri Lanka! Be prepared to pay your models 250 rupees or more for every picture taken (don’t say I never warn you!). I was lucky I took these gems free of charge.

No comments: