Monday, November 9, 2009

Amantaka - Luxury Comes to Luang Prabang










Amanresorts has a knack for picking the most exotic destinations to house their properties. Their latest Amantaka is situated in the heart of Luang Prabang. A former provincial hospital, Amantaka is beautifully restored, retaining its original French colonial architecture. I’ve stayed at a few Aman properties, and I must say Amantaka is one of my favorites. It’s an oasis of calm, nostalgia, romance and luxury – a hotel aficionado’s dream come true. Amantaka has definitely elevated Luang Prabang’s hip status like what Amankora has done for Bhutan, and Amangalla and Amanwella for Sri Lanka.

My sincere thanks to Gary, Filipe, Chittima, Nisaya and all staff for their wonderful hospitality.

1 comment:

Malaysia Asia said...

Hi Lim, some nice photography you got there on Laos. I miss Laos too and I'm planning my 2nd trip there now.

Regards,
David
Malaysia Asia