Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lost in Chiang Mai




I recently travelled to Chiang Mai for some soul searching… I’ve been overwhelmed with my marcom work which explains my long absence from the blog. Anyway, I had a wonderful time in Chiang Mai, met a few nice people and learned many things along the way… all thanks to a book I brought along – Paulo Coelho’s The Alchemist. This classic which has sold over 20 million copies worldwide is about pursuing one’s dream/personal legend. One of my personal legends is of course photography. About a year ago, I launched my website limchih.com. It was one of my proudest moments… I want to thank all my friends and fans for their continuous support. Without your encouragement, I wouldn’t have fulfilled my dream…

Anyway back to Chiang Mai. The weather there was capricious. One day it’s raining, the next it’s sunny – what to expect, it’s the monsoon season! I was lucky to capture the following pictures on a gorgeous sunny afternoon. I decided to take these pictures in black and white to show a side of Chiang Mai (in the old city) that tourists do not usually see.

No comments: