Tuesday, December 16, 2008

People of Hoi An 1


I’ve travelled to three cities in Vietnam – Ho Chi Minh City, Hue and Hoi An. Which city speaks to me the most? Hoi An without a doubt. The city is bursting with colours, it is quaintly atmospheric (I felt like I was on a movie set with brilliant art direction) and the people are easy to photograph. They wouldn’t demand money from you or give you dirty looks like the people I encountered in Galle Fort, Sri Lanka.

Here are some portrait shots taken in the old quarters of Hoi An, where I spent the whole afternoon exploring. Everywhere I turned there was a photo opportunity. Women in cone hats rowing boats, men enjoying a drag while playing chess, and folks young and old haggling at the wet market… Hoi An is a photographer’s dream come true!

No comments: